A rhinoplasty is a really simple surgical adjustment that is made to your nose. While many people might think this is a big deal, those who have been through the process will tell you that there is nothing to worry about. It may not even be a necessary operation, and only a specialist will be able to tell you if you should go in for this minor surgery.
You will only find that there is a very tiny percentage of individuals who go in for this procedure when there really isn’t a need. For the majority that do require this surgery, the excitement is quite a bit, however, few realize that this is a very minor form of plastic surgery.
A rhinoplasty is not life-threatening, but if you still feel the excitement is getting to you, you can deal with this nerve wracking adventure by preparing yourself the right way.
By gaining a better understanding of the procedure, you will have a calmer approach.
Your surgeon must be told what you want to achieve
When you go in for your initial consultation with Rhinoplasty Atlanta surgeon, you will be asked to describe what you want out of this surgery.
You must be mentally prepared to explain what you’re looking forward to.
Any details you provide will help your surgeon understand you better. Perhaps, you will also go through a thought process that can help you understand more about what it is that you want to achieve.
While your doctor may be receptive of your suggestions, he or she will be bound by the structure of your nose, which will be conveyed to you at some point during your consultation.
While this may be the case, it is largely considered to be a cautionary mention, and Rhinoplasty Atlanta surgeons today are capable of doing a lot to improve the appearance of your nose.
Your surgeon will examine your nose after you convey your desires. After this, you will be told what can be achieved in terms of improving or perfecting your nose.
Based on what you convey to your Atlanta plastic surgery specialist, you will be told what your expectations should be.
Convey all medical conditions to your Rhinoplasty Atlanta surgeon
You must inform your surgeon if your nose has been injured or if you been through any nose surgery before no matter how long ago this may have been.
You must also tell your plastic surgeon about any breathing difficulties or allergies you may experience.
You will definitely need to tell your nose surgery Atlanta service if you: smoke, consume certain medications, have poor circulation, diabetes, heart, lung, or liver disease, or have a history of blood clots.
Having any of these can mean that are at a higher risk in terms of developing complications. Quite obviously, all this means that you must explain your medical history in detail.
Some changes you will need to make prior to surgery
- Around a month prior to you going in for rhinoplasty, you will need to quit smoking. You will also be told that you should not smoke for a few weeks after surgery in order to ensure that your blood flow is not reduced. This will mean that your healing period will be shortened.
- Smoking is known to reduce your blood flow, which can result in a longer healing period. Scars may be left prominent as well if you do not stop smoking before and after your surgery.
- It’s best to avoid any form of exertion after your surgery, and you should probably get someone to drive you home from the hospital after your surgery. You may not be able to remain focused when driving.
- You will certainly be given a list of dos and don’ts from your surgeon, which you must adhere to carefully. Among these, your prescriptions must be taken as prescribed in order to ensure a quick healing period with no complications.
- You must ensure that you feed your body the right nutrients and vitamins. You will experience a speedier recovery when you do so. Also, ensure that you consume sufficient water to hydrate your body, as this speeds up the healing process as well.
As long as you follow your surgeon’s advice, your surgery and healing process should be easy on you.