Are you considering using Vitamin Supplements for your dietary needs? Supplements have become the world’s remedy for supply of nutrients that can otherwise be obtained from normal foods. Everyone seems to be taking supplements to sustain the body’s need for sufficient nutrients. In other words, very few people concentrate on preparing healthy meals at their homes and end up eating unhealthy foods that will eventually force them to use supplements.
The common supplements that are used around the world include vitamins, herbals, amino acids, minerals, enzymes, botanicals among other products that form the major supplements. Most of these supplements come in form of energy bars, capsules, tablets, drinks and even Protein powder. Supplement Edge is always ready to provide answers to all your dietary supplements.
Can Supplements Provide You With Sufficient Nutrients?
Supplements are important because they help you get the supplements that are not found in common foods in the right quantities. Different foods provide variety of nutrients. However, some nutrients are better supplied through supplements because they are not found adequately in normal meals.
Besides the above benefit, supplements cannot entirely replace good dietary habits. A good healthy habit is must always be maintained if desiring to have a proper health. Dietary supplements are only beneficial to managing various health conditions.
What You Must know About Vitamin Supplements- Ten Things
Vitamin Supplements and minerals from Supplement Edge provide great nutrients to the body. Most common vitamins in supplements include vitamin E, D and minerals such as calcium and iron, which help to repair and replenish bones in the body. Striking a balance of vitamin supply is very tricky yet highly important.
However, consumption of supplements does not make up for unhealthy diets. Vitamin supplements are also insufficient for supplying nutrients in compared to taking fresh fruits, whole grains and vegetables. The supplements are very good for nutrients supply during periodic vitamin shortfall in the diet. When using vitamins for supplements, here are important things you should know:
- Maintaining A Healthy Diet– If you are using vitamins as supplements, you must observe a healthy diet every day. This is because vitamin deficiency in the body can better be treated or prevented through a healthy diet. Consumption of vitamins alone may result in bad body effects and the first consideration should always be to eat a healthy diet.
- Avoid Vitamin Overdose– Vitamin overdose results from taking too much of supplements containing vitamins. It has been established that an overdose of a single type of vitamin may result in toxic effects. Too much intake of selenium and vitamin E increases the risks of prostate cancer while the overdose of daily multivitamin increases the risks of lung cancer infections in smokers.
- Ensure Vitamin Balance Intake– When taking vitamins, you should be careful to mix the various types of vitamins to strike a balance. This is because taking too much of one vitamin may cause toxic effects which are harmful to your health. In order to be safe, you should know the type of vitamins contained by your supplements. Always read the labeled to avoid being in trouble.
- Be Careful Of Fat-Soluble Vitamins– You need to be aware of fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamin A. This type of liver if stored in the liver can accumulate. The accumulation may reach toxic levels leading to damages to the liver.
- Choose Natural Vitamins– over 90% of vitamin supplements are synthetic. Studies have revealed that majority of these synthetic vitamins may cause more harm than the vitamin deficiency itself. This is because manufactured vitamins are not successfully absorbed and utilized by the body as those obtained from natural sources. Vitamins couples with other minerals such as calcium and iron in the body to meet the health demands but synthetic vitamins are isolated and may not be recognized by the body.
- Identify the Right Vitamin for you– Different people require supply of different types of supplements. For instance, Vitamin D is recommended to people who are darker skinned and people who are 65 years and above. Children between six (6) months and five (5) years are should supplement on vitamin A, C and D.
- Know the nutrient content claim– If you are taking the daily multivitamin, you should always read the labels on the supplements to identify the claimed nutrient content. Most supplements indicate very little vitamin content while they mean the opposite while other varieties of supplements indicate high nutrient content and yet they supply too much. Some even do not indicate any at all. Read the labels!
- Follow Doctors’ Prescription– If you are using multivitamins without prescription, then you must stop. Doctor’s prescription is very important since there are vitamins that react differently to other users. You should know that some vitamins are harmful if supplied through supplements such as vitamin C. This type of vitamin is better supplement through fresh fruits and vegetables. Consult your doctor before you embark on using manufactured vitamins.
- Supplements are NOT Medication– You should never replace your medication with supplements. If you are on medication, you should consult your doctor on the type of vitamin supplements that you can use. A supplement means ‘addition’ and does not imply that you should stop medication to use the supplements.
- Reasons For Using Supplements– You should identify the reason why you are intending to use the supplements. What are your objectives for supplements? Answering this question allows you to identify the kind of supplements that you will require. Supplements help to supply the nutrients or vitamins that are not obtained in normal foods in the right quantities.
The discussed issues above are among the top ten things that you must know if you are using the vitamins. Using supplements requires that you are careful on the balance of various vitamins and the quantities to be consumed.
Importance of Various Vitamin Supplements
Vitamins are required by the body at very low levels but very essential to daily health. It is important to know that your body can make other nutrients but not the vitamins. You have to supply in the right quantities yourself. These are the benefits of various types of vitamins.
- Vitamin C– This type of vitamin is responsible for building the body’s immunity and connecting various body tissues. It prevents unnecessary infections and keeps the body healthy.
- Vitamin A– This vitamin enhances the body immunity and facilitates overall growth.
- Vitamin B– Provide the body with the required energy and help you stay strong.
- Vitamin D– This is a very important type of vitamin that strengthens the bones and improves the bone and muscle structure
Everyone would die or fall seriously ill without a constant supply of vitamins. You should be keen to ensure that your body gets sufficient supply of vitamins on daily basis. Vitamin supplements from the world’s leading store; the Supplement Edge is the best and is of high quality. The customer service from this supplement store ensures that you purchase vitamins variety to maintain a balance of nutrients.
Guide To Good Health
A healthy diet is a secret to maintaining a good health. You should invest on a healthy diet every day rather than investing on supplements. Your health is dependent on what you eat on daily basis. Vitamins are found in fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains in correct quantity. Most supplements are used under doctor’s prescription only if deficiency is detected.
Do not wait to have nutrient deficiency to embark on a good diet. Eating healthy and doing exercises on daily allows you to have the best health. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle allows you to avoid serious health issues that sometimes can be life threatening. Choosing to eat healthy is a choice to living healthy. Observe your diet and you will avoid unnecessary deficiencies. Be the guard of your life.