How you get rid of fleas is determined by several factors. If you don’t want to use chemicals means to eliminate them, you can consider using natural and environmental friendly means. This latter method is the best since you don’t have to worry about after effects.
Natural ways to Eliminate Fleas;
• Table salt that is sprinkled in places where fleas hide will do the work. By hydrating and drying the eggs out, salt kills them. The finer the salt is, the more effective it will be
• Baking soda is something available to households. It is used to kill the fleas in the carpet as well as the eggs that might be preparing to hatch.
• Another simple but effective method involves regular combing of infested pets. The moment you realize that your pet is infested with fleas, there is no need to panic since you can still do something about it. Combing the pest regularly will reduce the insects from the body. Keep your pet neat.
• Lemon spray has been proven to get rid of fleas from homes and pets. All you have to do is cut the lemon into pieces and soak them in water overnight. In the morning, remove the pieces and spurt the emulsion on your pet as well as the household especially in areas where fleas are likely to gather.
• Brewer’s yeast is another natural way to do away with fleas. With one lozenge, you are good to go. All you need is to put one tablet on your pets’ food especially the dog. This tablet makes the pet have a repugnant taste to fleas trying to bite him!
• Vacuuming carpets and cleaning beddings is another easy and natural way to eliminate fleas. Make sure that your house is always clean and neat. In doing this, fleas will never infest your household or get places to hatch and breed.
• Nylar is commonly used in households with tiles. Nylar standardizes the escalation of fleas and is usually consumed where flea spend most of their times. It also prevents flea eggs from ever hatching, thus ensuring no breeding takes place.
• Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is a very effective home remedy for flea bites. It completely reduces the itching and pain caused because of flea or insect’s infestation bites. For quick relief, rub leaves of Aloe Vera on the flea affected area.
• Using Ice Pack: Flea bites cause severe itching, and if you keep on scratching the flea affected area, it can spread the bacteria to all over the body and may result in swelling. Using ice pack gives you spontaneous relief from the swelling and pain.
When fleas take over your household, don’t be stressed. Remember that with the above tips, you can be able to eliminate them.
This article is written by Himanshu who is a passionate about health and loves to collect deeper insights into home remedies for problems like flea bites on humans, whenever possible. To know more about Flea Bites, visit his site.